Estate Planning Needs Assessment Tool on Website
Estate planning is about planning for the orderly distribution of your assets while minimizing estate and income taxes. Having a well-structured estate plan ensures that your wishes are carried out after a disability or death.
Some aspects of estate planning can seem complicated. The attorneys at Brady Cobin Law Group, PLLC seek to make the process straightforward. The compassionate and knowledgeable attorneys at Brady Cobin Law Group, PLLC strive to understand each client’s goals and values and to create a thoughtful plan tailored to the client’s needs.
The initial step in estate planning is an assessment of a client’s family and financial situation.
The online tool uses a variety of questions to evaluate a client’s financial and family situation. It helps the Raleigh estate planning lawyers get a fuller understanding of a client’s needs.
The online tool includes the following questions:
- Are you married?
- Does either spouse have children from a previous relationship?
- Are any of your beneficiaries under the age of 18?
- Do any of your beneficiaries have special needs – receive, or may receive in the future, public benefits such as SSDI, SSI or Medicaid?
- Are any of your beneficiaries spendthrifts — i.e., not good managers of money, due to disposition, substance abuse, or any other reason?
- Are any of your beneficiaries likely to divorce?
- Are any of your beneficiaries likely to be subject to a lawsuit?
- Do you own any real estate in another state?
- Do you own a business?
- Is your estate valued in excess of $5.4 million?
The estate planning needs assessment tool on the Brady Cobin Law Group, PLLC website guides you through the estate planning process.
The estate planning tool is one of several tools in the Brady Cobin online toolbox to help clients and helps you with a set of decisions that protect what matters most: your family, yourself, and your finances.
With the assistance of one of our estate planning attorneys, you can develop a plan that is coordinated across your accounts and still flexible enough to evolve with you and your life.
The Brady Cobin Law Group, PLLC advises clients about wills, trusts, advance care directives and other aspects of estate planning including:
- Asset planning
- Estate administration
- Prenuptial and postnuptial
- Community property contracts
- Wills and trusts
- Powers of attorney
- Health care directives
- Business succession planning.
The Raleigh estate planning lawyers at Brady Cobin Law Group, PLLC will be with you every step of the way.